I am meant to be thinking about the next step on my Spuffy story ... but as I have a chapter with my Beta, I have a few "moments" before my thoughts have to gel into proper words ... well, that's as good as an excuse as any, isn't it?
So ... on with the meme - Andy asked where the rest of the questions were as they were alphabetically listed ... so I shall change them to numbers!
1. Lots of pillows or just one?
They have to be feather pillows - and one fat or two thinner ones.
2. What kind of books do you read?
The Bible, other than that I read The Dresden Files and Spuffy fan-fics ... although if I'm having a soak in the bath I'll read a Georgian Romance!
I like other books - but mostly historical, or books of lists etc. You know, the sort you can dip in and out of.
3. What are your neighbours like?
Never see one set - even though I hear the dog all the time. I don't even get a Christmas card (even though they always get one!) ... the other set are OK ... don't see them much, but when I do, we chat. They have their grandchildren stay after school ... so in the summer I see them ... when they come and collect their ball from my garden!.
4. What's the best lesson you've ever learned?
Never waste an oppertunity - you don't know if tomorrow will come ... it didn't for my Jaykub.
5. Tell 3 things you have in your point of view right now.
Spike doll (!), appointment book with job searches in, one of my Beethoven CDs (I listen while writing)
6. What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
James Marsters! Bet that suprised you all!
BtVS - and especially Spuffy.
I'm also enjoying Vampire Diaries, and V, at present.
7. Do you prefer your junk food sweet, salty or savory?
Salty - I'm really into chicken crisps (chips) at present.
8. What websites do you always visit when you go online?
LJ, G-Mail, CDS, BSV, Elysian Fields, FaceBook
9. What was the last thing you bought?
Groceries ... see, I said I was getting organised today.
10. What is your favorite scent?
Roses, or honeysuckle ... but it has to be a natural scent.
11. What is the most difficult thing you have ever done?
Deciding to give up work - I think it was the right thing to do ... but it still was a very hard decision.
12. What was the last meal you ate?
WeLunch - Pork, mushrooms, beansprouts in a stir-fry, with noodles, and followed by satsumas ... and a couple of mugs of tea, of course.
13. Do you want to learn another language?
I wish my French was better .... I do feel guilty when with friends as I know they speak English, I am lazy ... still, ask Mabel, I have enough trouble with my English sometimes!
14. Five things you want right now:
1. A job
2. The hope that when I've finished this that the ironing I had done ealier has packed itself away!.
3. Inspiration for Mum & Dad's Christmas presents
4. A new pair of long boots ... I love wearing skirts, especially to Church, but it's cold wearing shoes! I've never actaully had boots before, other than fro riding, or my ankle ones.
5. Patience to work on my clarinet music for orchestra.
15. Find the closest book currently sitting near you and flip to page 36. What is the first sentence of the second paragraph?
"It was another instance of my emotions getting the better of me"
"Changes" - Jim Butcher
16. What's something that someone said to you today that was amusing?
The lady in the chemist telling me to go to the other chemist in town as the range of gifts was better!
17. What are you looking forward to?
Christmas ... plus the hope that James will do a "day" next year.?
18. What do you look for in a guy/girl?
A great smile, nice eyes and hands ... someone willing to show their emotions (even if only a bit)
19. What is your favorite electronic accessory?
Well that's it - and it's unusual to have an odd number of questions!