Day 05 - A show you hate
As I saw this yesterday and thought about it today I realised that I can't truly answer it! As I am single, if I have the TV on and don't want to watch the programme, I change channels! When I'm at Mum and Dad's I escape to Dad's pc and come surf LJ! (They are watching Casualty as I type this! A show I don't watch, but they recorded yesterday)
So, I suppose all I can list are the multitude of shows that I don't even turn the TV on to try -
- Pet - Vet shows. Lovely in lots of ways, but I'm too soft and can't cope with animals that are in pain.
- Wildlife shows. Beautiful photography, a combination of not being able to cope with seeing kills ... even though I know they exist. And I am so phobic about insects that I really can't cope with any vision at all of 6 (or 8) legged "friends"
- Horseracing. I can't cope with seing a horse fall - I've "been there, done that" with Jaykub, and Squiffy ... don't want to watch it on the TV.
- Soaps. (Although the actual comedy Soap was brilliant) I hate seeing so called real life ... mostly not very nice people trying to get one better than their neighbour. I think one of the other things I don't like is the story lines where people seem to end up "OK" - in and out of "love" every few minutes ... my life isn't like that. However I do know that peoples lives have actually been saved by those watching it, as they run health stories, that make people take "odd" symptoms seriously.
- Sport. The only sport I watch is the Oxford-Cambridge boat race. The rest - if you want to enjoy sport ... get involved!
- (Most) Modern Comedy. Sorry but I just don't find it funny!
However if I have listed your all-time favourite genre ... Great ... that's why I love my friends. I learn about things, have my horizons stretched in ways that I hadn't thought about in the past.