I saw this meme on the odd chances I got to sneak onto dad's pc over the weekend - so thought I would give it a go.
Where you grew up: Essesx/East London ... but my mum came from Northamptonshire, so some words are from her!
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks: Stream
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called: Trolley
3. A metal container to carry a meal in: Our lunch boxes are plastic ... I would say the metal ones were cake tine, or biscuit barrels.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in: Frying pan.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people: Sofa (mum would say settee)
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof: Gutter and drain pipes.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening: Patio.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages: Fizz (my dad's name!)
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup: Pancakes ... except I don't have them for breaky!
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself: Roll
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach: Trunks
12. Shoes worn for sports: Trainers (or plimsolls)
13. Putting a room in order: Tidying up.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark: Don't know - I just avoid insects!
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball: Pig, or woodlouse.
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down: See-saw.
17. How do you eat your pizza: Cut in slices ... Pick it up and bite it.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff: Garage sale - mostly though people go to Car Boot Sales..
19. What's the evening meal?: Dinner
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are: Basement.
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places: Water fountain