Snagged from kaczurda-
Yes, it is a very long MEME, but it's ages since I have done one ... and I am avoiding getting out my clarinet and practicing!!
50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind" Meme
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Sometimes I still feel a teenager - slightly dippy, deciding what to do with my future, and single ... and mad about a film star!
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Failing - if you don't try, you don't know what will happen ... you never know, you may succeed!
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Doing things we don't like - some things just have to be done ... like cleaning windows! Mostly they are part of life, or they build what is life ... or they help build you as a person to face other things.
Liking things we don't do - Temptation is always there, I try to be strong and say no ... yet there are some things I do give into!! The rest, I suppose the real answer is, why don't I get up and give it a go?
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
People that read my Blog think I am good at talking - I'm not! Give me work to do, and I'll do it ... maybe chat to you while doing it - but I am really more of a doer than a talker.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
I would love to stop cruelty ... cruelty to animals, children, anyone indeed. Both physical and mental cruelty.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Being able to travel ... any work where I could travel to different places - sightseeing, visiting places of culture and of natural beauty.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I still believe in my job, even though I am pulling out of it at some point. I couldn't do a job, just to pay the bills.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Oooops, I over-stayed my welcome ... I'm 48!!
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
Not much in some ways. I believe God is in control ... but mostly I do feel my life has drifted between the major changes in it.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I would like to think I did the right thing in everything I do, even though I know I fail a lot of the time.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
As I hate social gatherings, I am sad to say I would probably say nothing - unless asked, then I would stick up for the person, whatever the others thought. But htat comes more from not talking to others easily, rather than any other reason.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Live as if today is going to be your last day ... but leave something small for tomorrow, in the hope of extra time.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
No - don't think so.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Try to put my faith in God in front of evrything.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
We are all different.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
I would love to travel more - especially to USA.
Money and Mum & Dad are what stops me.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Don't we all?
The answer (hand on heart) has to be Yes ... am I going to let go ... sadly the answer is No!!
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
The States - I have had 2 separate months there and loved both trips ... now I have some great friends there. (And they speak English!!)
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
No - I try to get someone else to push the button - they tend to try to electrocute me!
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Depends what I'm worried about - I suppose being happy is the main thing ... so, joyful simpleton.
22. Why are you, you?
I am who God made me ... shaped by Mum & Dad, my brothers, and school, college etc has rounded off the edges
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I hope so.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch with a close friend.
Toni planned on moving some years ago (now I plan to move!) ... I told her at the time that I would missher, and hate it - but that I 101% supported her decision.
25. What are you most grateful for?
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I would hate to lose my memories - good and bad, they are what I am. To never remeber my family, Perry & Jiffy, Jaykub & DJ ... no, that would be so, so sad.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Depends about what. Some things are just obvious, some you have to take on faith, some you can grow into knowing.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Saying goodbye to Jaykub was something I never ever wanted to think about ... I now know I have Goodbyes to face in future days, maybe his early death has taught me much.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
I lost Jaykub 6 years ago - and yes, it still matters. I think emotional sadness will stay with you - it certainly does woth me.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
The night Nick was born ... I was 4 1/2 and had wanted a baby brother ... I had one!
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
LOL - Last May!
32. If not now, then when?
I loved college - for the first time I had friends and was able to fit in and feel as if I was normal.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
It's good to have a future to aim for.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
If you are close to someone you can - I do with my parents, brothers, sis-in-law Claire and Toni.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
War is caused by power struggles, jealousy ... religion is just one excuse ... making a change to country borders.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
On a personal level ... yes! (I think).
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Yes (I'm thinking about it anyway!) - I would make sure I paid off bills of myself, brothers and friends ... then I would travel, but start work again with stilla nest egg left (I hope)
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work - it is easy to get stale and bored ... I know that from personal experince..
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
A lot of days are very similar, aren't they?
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
I am quite happy to make a decision and go with it.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
I would try to see MUm and Dad ... and speak on the phone to others - but also spend some time in earnest prayer.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is what we all are - living is enjoying things ,.... even if it is only the small things of life. Enjoying a good cup of tea can be something special!
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
I am not a great one to calculate - I jump ... Although I may hesitate at the last minute and need to be pushed, for no other reason than fear of the unknown.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
I hate making a fool of myself ... to have peoples eyes on me! You would think that someone as accident prone as me would be used to it ... But emotionally, no way do I cope.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I believe God will judge, and does judge me ... so even without Mum and Dad watching me, I can't escape!
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Never do ... amybe I'm a vampire.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love life! You have seen me struggle back - I hope that I am regaining that love.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Nothing special has happened to me recently - so, no!
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I make my own decisions - for right or wrong ... I'm the one who has to live with them.
It was long, but did me good to think about what and where I am ... especially at the start of this new Decade ... and as I hopefully head forward in life.
Oh well, I suppose I had better get the music out ... and annoy the neighbour's dog with the wrong notes!