I really should sit down and scribble something about my year, but being at Mum nad Dad';s it is hard to get computer time, so I have decided to cheat ant do a summary by doing this meme that I snagged from sunflowerwife
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I really can't think of anything ... wish I could, but this year seems to have passed me by in that way.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make them! I know I would never keep them!
3. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I suppose that it would be great to be that "someone" special ... but other than that I am looking to be out of debt ... which is sort of a positive answer, but the wrong one for the question!
4. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 1st and 2nd ... of course!
5. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the decision to change careers ... another slightly wrong answer to a question - but a major step in my life.
6. What was your biggest failure?
Using the credit card more than I could afford..
7. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No one major thing ... mostly minor bits to add to a pretty OK year.
8. What was the best thing you bought?
The extra photos with James!
9. Did anyone close to you give birth?
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend Toni's daughters -
Stacey got married to John
Kayleigh got her A level equivalents ... having left school at 15, now at 22 is getting her life on track for her and her daughter.
11. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
James coming to England ... a chance to meet up with him, plus friends.
My trip to Corfu - I love visiting new places.
12. What song will always remind you of 2009?
London City - James sang it at both the concerts I went to..
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier - I realise how low I had let myself go.
b) thinner or fatter? rouSame - I think! I never, ever, ever weigh myself.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
16. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No more than I was!
17. What was the best book you read?
18. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing new this year..
19. What did you want and get?
I eventually realised I needed a new start - Haven't got it, yet, but at least I know which way I have to face.
20. What did you want and not get?
Never really thought much about this double question until now ... so can't think I didn't get something that I didn't know I wanted in the first place.
21. What was your favorite film of this year?
Only saw one at the cinema - Dragonball!
But I think of new films, my favourite I saw on the TV was Moonshot.
22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 48 and went with Mum, Dad and Jiffy for a walk along the front at Painton.
23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Same as ever - I hate shopping - something to do with non-existant personal self-esteem. So I wear what's cheap and comfy most of the time.
However, that is one thing I am trying to cure myself of - and have started wearing high heals again.
24. What kept you sane?
25. Who did you miss?
26. Who was the best new person you met?
Don't think I met anyone in RL this year ... on-line either, although I may be wrong.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
God's timing is not our timing.
28. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
No answer here - sorry.
Well, as I said, a bit of a cheat!
However when I look back on this year it seems to focus on ill health, and sadness. I am fighting back, and don't really want to dwell on it all. I have a positive attitude to the coming year ... and want to keep that aim as high as I can.
I hope that whatever this last year has meant to you, that the coming year will bring all of a better one - and that dreams will be fullfilled ... hopes achieved ... in fact, let's make a deal to meet back here this time next year with a jubilant set of answers to the meme!