[Unknown LJ tag]
1. What religion do you follow?
I hate the phrase "religion" - I follow Christainity, to give the technically correct answer - I just like to say I'm a born-again Christian (as most of you already know!)
2. What religion were you raised as?
I was brought up in The Plymouth Brethren, and at present am still within the same denomination.
3. Do you believe that forgiveness is a religious property, or a human property?
God is the only one who will truely forgive-and-forget.
Us humans can forgive ... but find it hard to actually let go and forget (speaking personally!)
4. Do you believe in magic?
No - although I think that things/places/fellings can be magical!!
5. What was the last promise you broke?
I try not to break any - can't remember the last time I did.
7. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect?
Jesus Christ was the only perfect human.
1. Did you get everything you wanted over the last holiday season?
Hard when you're English - we only have Christmas and Easter! I had some great Easter eggs - of my favourite chocolate ... so, yes, good gifts.
2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for?
That I could find and settle in a new job, and location.
Or Mr "Right" sweeps me off my feet!
3. Do you let yourself get your hopes up for something even if you know that there is a large chance of failure?
Yes - the sub-title on my LJ is "Because Everyone Needs Dreams" ... and I think that it is part of life. If we don't have plans, hopes and dreams, life would be really boring.
4. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket?
5. Do you gamble?
6. Have you ever had something called off on account of bad weather, but then gone ahead and done it anyway?
I have had events called off, and gone ahead and done something else with the time.
1. What causes do you support?
Health and animal mostly.
Also the missionaries from our Chapel support system.
2. What causes have you given money or time to?
3. Have you ever worked in a soup kitchen or done another kind of outreach for the homeless?
4. Would you ever consider joining the Peace Corps, Amnesty International, or another travel-?inherent worldwide charity group?
5. Do you give money to the homeless on the street?
6. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food?
No - helped some at their work etc.
7. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need?
Asked a patient to leave half way through a treatment, and rushed out of the door!
1. What are you most afraid of?
Arachnoids - all of them!
2. What did you do today that was really brave?
3. Who is your favourite super hero, and why?
I suppose the same answer as Jamie - Dr Who ... although Superman and Batman are pretty great as well - normal life + secret identity.
4. Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone?
5. If you were to face the Wizard of Oz, would you want more courage, more brains, or more heart?
More alcohol! I can't stand the film - so to face him!!!!!!!
But overall it would have to be more courage.
6. Have you ever gotten stage fright?
All the time before a concert - and I only play as part of the group.
And - James-fog attacks as I go up for the photo ... that is something I really wish I didn't get!
7. Do you consider yourself to be a leader or a follower?
1. Have you ever been summoned for jury duty?
2. If they reinstituted the draft (for both genders), would you go, or would you find some way out of it?
3. Do you support capital punishment (the death penalty)?
Hard to say - but I think in occasional cases yes - but, having typed that, once they are dead, they have no way of receiving forgiveness of God, or their victim ... so that makes me question my overall response!
4. Which should be guaranteed legal: cocaine, marijuana, heroin?
However they all have medicinal qualities, which I think need to be explored more thoroughly - and then acted upon.
5. Do you believe that Bush Jr. was rightfully President of the USA?
I don't know - I find it hard enough deciding on English politics!
6. What was your favourite media circus trial?
I hate most media - for this reason!
1. What do you have the hardest time moderating yourself on?
2. Do you collect anything?
Everything!!!! - I'm a real hoarder!
3. Are you addicted to anything?
4. Have you ever put anything on layaway or used an instalment plan?
Most of the time it goes as a one-off payment ... even if it is on the credit card.
Both my last cars were, however, bought with loans.
5. What's your preferred method of paying for things?
Cash or credit card.
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do:
Can't actually think of anything!
7. Do you feel that you obsess over things?
Some things - yes ... others, no!
1. Who is the wisest person you know?
Jamie said the Book of Proverbs ... to which I would agree!
However, in RL, my parents are pretty wise - as is Toni.
2. Have you ever participated in a vigil?
3. Do you take advice when it's given?
Yes (please) - I always listen, and usually take at least some of it.
4. What area are you wisest in?
5. Do you drive defensively?
I love driving - I learnt to drive in East London, and we have bad reputations ... but I don't know how I drive. I will say I have had my licence 28 years and have only had 2 very minor shunts (so far)
6. Have you ever had unprotected sex outside of marriage?
7. What did you learn today?
More bad times had by Toni - she goes from one disater to another ... and today, yet more!
I must also be careful not to knock the car alarm button while turning on the engine - which I somehow managed to do today!!!!