rivertempest found this challenge on the ‘Simmering Cauldrons’ fanfic website, specifically for the Harry Potter fandom. But this is so universal; it can be used for ANY fandom. So, I am going to give it a go!
1) Take the nearest five thick books. If you don't have five thick books near you, go to the bookshelf. If you're too lazy to do that, use fewer than five.
2) Turn to page 394.
3) Take the second sentence on that page of each book.
4) Arrange the sentences to form as coherent a story as possible.
My 5 sentences are :-
1) But she had the cow and she might as well keep her.
Gone With The Wind.
2) When I rose to leave it was already dark.
World War 11 Air Story Antholgy.
3) I dropped the bracelet, my staff and the amulet to the grass.
Blood Rites (J. Butcher)
4) The wind blows from the east there, for they look out over the Dead Marshes and the Noman-Lands to Cirith Gorgor and the black gates of Mordor.
The Lord of The Rings.
5) And here is a present I have brought to you and your young men.
The Bible in a year (1 Chronicles)
Well, now I have to think ... and write. So, it will give me something to ponder over the weekend... I'll get back to you when done!