Life is getting back to normal(!) ... JamesFog is (sadly) slowly receeding - and my inner panic is settling - thanks to some really beautiful comments that friends left me.
One great friend sent me a poem ... and it reminded me (in a sideways step) of another poem ...
The Divine Weaver
Man’s life is laid in a loom of time
To a pattern he does not see.
While the Weaver works and the shuttles fly
Till the End of Eternity.
Some shuttles are filled with silver thread,
And some with threads of gold;
While often but the darker hue
Is all that they may hold.
But the Weaver watches with skilful eye
Each shuttle fly to and fro,
And sees the pattern so deftly wrought
As the loom works sure and slow.
God surely planned that pattern
Each thread – the dark and fair –
Was chosen by His master skill
And placed in the web with care.
He only knows the beauty
And guides the shuttles which hold
The threads so unattractive
As well as the threads of gold.
Not ‘til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver’s skilful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
jaded_jamie yesterday. One of those 50 questions ones - probably more to re-focus me on how great life truly is.
So, now I remember that my highs and lows more than balance themselves out ... and when I am feeling low, it is to be remembered that the good days will be even better. My faith means everything - but it is still hard to realise that just because I know my life is cared for, I don't want to know the answers now ... and when I am feeling lonely, my faith is great - but it is still lovely to get a hug from a friend.
Anyway - I have a pile of ironing to do, letters to my aunts to write ... so, I'm doing a MEME I snagged from
1. What colour is your toothbrush?
Yellow, in Bude ... Green, in Torquay!
2. Name one person who made you smile today?
Toni - she was teasing me about my delay in booking the farrier for DJ ... no money, cos of James ... I'm sure he understands really!
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Having breakfast - having read my Bible, checked my e-mails.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Mowing my front lawn, while waiting for dinner to cook.
5. What is your favourite candy bar?
Cadbury's milk chocolate.
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
No - I see enough patients in their undies anyway!
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
No thank you - to a caller trying to see me double glazing!
8. How many times did you swear today?
Never swear at all.
9. What was the last thing you drank?
Pint of peach squash - just about to have some tea.
10. Do you like your purse?
Purse - yes ... it has a picture of James on show.
Handbag - it's OK ... I'm not a bag person!
11. What was the last thing you ate?
Pizza - not healthy, I know, but quick ... and 4 satsumas.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Some new sandals.
13. The last sporting event you watched?
Oxford-Cambridge boat race - the onle event I ever watch!
14. What is your favourite flavour of popcorn?
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
xheartrockx ... I rarely text!
16. Ever go camping?
Until I was 25 we had carabanning holidays as a family.
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
19. Do you have a tan?
Yes - it gradually builds up with spending time near the sea, and riding - but only to whatever clothes I ma wearing - I never, ever sunbathe.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
Love Chinese food.
21. Do you drink your fizzy with a straw?
22. What did your last text message say?
10.30 start (about my patients on friday last)
23. What are you doing tomorrow? Doing the jobs I should be doing now!
25. Look to your left, what do you see?
Autographed photo of James - true, no fix to answer that!
26. What colour is your watch?
27. What do you think of when you hear Australia?
My f-list friends.
29. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
30. What is your favourite number?
Don't have one.
31. Who's the last person you talked to on the phone?
The double glazing man!
32. Any plans today?
See above list! Then a couple of patients - then orchestra.
33. How many states have you lived in?
Counties - Essex, Flintshire, essex (again) and Cornwall.
34. Biggest annoyance right now?
My annoyance with myself!
35. Last song listened to?
Moonshot - I have a CD in the car, that was what was playing as I got back here.
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
Sad - but yes!
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
38. Favourite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Whatever I have on at the time - I'm not a shoe person either.
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Mmmm - yes!
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
Shouldn't think so.
41. Do you love anyone?
God - family - friends!
42. Do any of your friends have children?
Toni has 2 and 3 step-kids.
43. What do you usually do during the day?
Ride, work ...
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
45. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
When being formal - yes. To friends I am more likely to say Hi.
46. What colour is your car?
47. Do you like cats?
Big cats - love 'em!
48. Are you thinking about someone right now?
Still in JamesFog!
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Who, what where?
50. How did you get your worst scar?
When i was run over I had a small cut, that got infected and ulcerated - it is still sore, 26 years on! Considering how accident prone I am, I have no major scars on me.