A MEME of the year ... again. This one I snagged from kaczurda...
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Watched my Dad ride a donkey!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do New Year Resolutions - as I know I don't keep them!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Sylv, in April. It was her first child ... Sadly Kay is now waiting for heart surgery, which she should be having on the 29th december.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Also a family friend, Marilyn, who lived iin Colorado and sadly died of cancer in August.
5. What countries did you visit?
Actually, from where I live, I travel to England every weekend ... the locals say that Cornwall, the County I live in, is actually a Country!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A few more patients - I have a car loan to pay!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 3rd - My photos with James.
May 2nd - James concert
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Don't know that there has been anything specific.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Allowing myself to wallow, when I was unwell.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, the finger was damaged in 2007 ... but as it was still injured till mid-Feb, that probably counts.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new(ish) car.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
You lot - for all the support you have given me this year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
My brother Nick's attitude to our parents - one of these days I must post, as at present that is festering!
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to see James!
My holiday with my parents to Rhodes.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Picture in a Frame - James sang it at the concert. I loved it, but had never heard it before.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Maybe a bit sadder - but I am (trying) to get there.
b) thinner or fatter? Poss a bit fatter - I have ridden less with my ill-health and DJ's injury.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Mum, Dad, Jiffy, Tim (my brother) and Claire(his wife)
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No - well only more than ever for James - LOL
I never meet people, so think that would be a permenant answer!
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing new this year.
27. What did you want and get?
A digital camera - Mum bought it for me.
28. What did you want and not get?
Some more patients, to pay off the money I had to borrow from Mum and Dad when I was out of work.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Haven't been to the cinema.
Mind you, I would have to say P.S.I Love You! ... Although for the total film, it would have to be the Indiana Jones one!
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Went with Mum and Dad to a 15th Century House in Devon.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing I can think of, at present.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Layers - especially with the severe anaemia, I am always feeling cold!
33. What kept you sane?
My faith, family and friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Guess!!!! - OK, I'll tell you - James!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing really more than any other.
36. Who did you miss?
I miss my weekly visits to see Ivy - she may have been in her 90s, but she always made me laugh.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a few of you for the first time, this May!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I have re-learnt the lesson, that "If they don't want to spend time with me, then they are the ones missing out"
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Spending a lot of time by myself, I have been reminded, again, of my Favourite Hymn. I chose to have this at my 40th Birthday Party, as it was one that I used to sing to myself a lot when I was bullied in school -
What A friend we Have In Jesus