Having another quiet day - I've done some reading ... and even some cleaning, and am now doing this MEME that I snagged from kaczurda</lj> I had seen it a few weeks ago on auntiero</lj> s LJ and said I would do it - so Having sen it again, i have decided to complete it.
Well, it's either that or cleaning my spare/junk room - Yes, I know Procrastiantion Rules!!
1. Do you have the guts to answer these questions and re-post as The Controversial Survey?
Well I tend to be pretty honest - so, here goes!
2. Would you do meth if it was legal?
No way ... but there agao, I have never even tried a cigarette at any time in my life!
3. Abortion: for or against it?
I do believe in the sanctity of life.
Although I would have to say that if the mother's life was in danger then I would have to re-think my answer.
My other thought is of pregnancy after rape - it is bad enough to go through such a trauma, I could understand the woman wanting to not have a permenant reminder. I also would never lose a friend if she made that decison - one of my closest friends had an abortion a few years ago, and ironically I am the only one who knows. It wouldn't have been my choice - but she made it for valid reasons
Any woman in this situation needs rapid help and support whatever the choice they end up making.
4. Do you think the world would fail with a female president?
Women in authority is something I do have a problem with (but that is due to my personal Faith) - but in this day and age, on an international level I can't see that to be a problem.
I'm English - and love her or hate her - we had Maggie Thatcher as PM for 10+ years.
5. Do you believe in the death penalty?
IThere are certain serial killers/rapists etc that I believe this could apply to, providing the case was proven.
I tend to be more in favour of general stricter punishment as an overall deterrant.
6. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
7. Are you for or against premarital sex?
Against! But what others do is up to them!
Most of you would probably guess that would be my answer due to my faith.
8. Do you believe in God?
Yes - and Yes, again.
I believe in God as stated in The Bible.
9. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?
No - and I know that will offend some of you.
I have nothing against the people - I have gay friends - we actually have a gay vicar in our area (he took Ivy's funeral, and I had a meal with him and his partner) - However to me it is wrong, on a Biblical basis.
10. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?
Not applicable - athough I have a problem with some of the immigration policies we have in The U.K.
11. A twelve year old girl has a baby, should she keep it?
It depends on the family circumstances ... and the girl herself.
12. Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen?
It already is - LOL
13. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
14. Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree?
Life is sacred - I have met people with severe illnesses and injuries who are amazing. We had a case recently in England of a boy who broke his neck ... all I could think of was how positive Christopher Reeve kept throughout his life.
15. Do you believe in spanking your children?
Yes! ... But a definite NO to cruelty. Most of the kids who get spanked have their pride hurt the most!
DJ has been hit n with the flat of my hand - and his pride was hurt ... no way would I harm him in any way, though!
16. Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars?
No - not any countries at all.
17. Who do you think would make a better president? McCain or Obama?
18. Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
I should imagine most people will know what I was going to put - That is what interests me!