As I work in Plympton on a Friday, it is an early start - and although I knew I had a quiet morning, I at least had a 9am patient ... wrong ... he had cancelled before I got here!
So, now I'm sitting at the pc and catching up ... and over on CDS I got the heads-up for more music on Marstersandson at You Tube. Great!!!!!!! Well, except for the fat that this pc doesn't have any speakers ... so I will have to wait till I get to Mum and Dad's this evening before I can listen! So this is one of 2 that are by Sullivan, I hope it is good - if he takes after his father he will be!!
Hope you enjoyed!
I told you things were quiet here, so I'm clearing up my e-mails and realised I never passed this letter on to you all. For some, I know that it is addressed to the wrong person, but the theory is still the same!
Open Letter to the Chancellor of the Exchequer
Dear Mr. Darling,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain 's economy. Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan :
There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following
1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new British CAR. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.
4) They must send their kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed
5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty /tax etc
It can't get any easier than that!
P.S.. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.
If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know. If not, please disregard.