Happy St Georges Day - to all my f-list.
Hope that you are all flying your flag and wearing a rose, as I am!
For those who want to know more, have a look here
I snagged this meme form lupina78 - she has the best memes :-
Leave a comment and I'll:
1. Tell you why I friended you. (If I can even remember! If not it'll just be why we are still friends, aha)
2. Associate you with something - fandom, a song, a color, a photo, a word etc.
3. Tell you something I like about you.
4. Tell you a memory I have of you.
5. Ask something I've always wanted to know about you. (To which you must respond!)
6. Tell you my favorite user pic of yours.
7. In return, you must post this in your LJ.
The question she asked me was :-
If you get the chance to visit the past (history-like)in which time and place would you go?
I love the eighteenth/nineteenth centuries, in Britain ... but to do that I would have to been born into aristocracy (which rules me out!). Or, going back to Roman times, that was an amazing time of culture and invention.
However I think going back to when my Grandparents were born, and their parents were younger, ie 1870 - 1890 ... that would have been great to have been born then. So much change and developement, and women gaining their independance. The other period of history I admire are both the world wars - no, I'm not necessarily talking politics here, but the fact that as countries the people mostly worked for the good of the group .... that is a great idea to be part of.
I may (at present) occasionally moan about being single - but in 2009 that is OK, most other eras, it would have been very hard! So, Andy, very hard question - and really, when I start thinking, I would love day trips to visit people - Queen Elizabeth I, King Arthur, Queen Victoria ... but I think, overall I shall stay put ... any other era, I wouldn't have got to know you.