You should know by now that -
a) I love MEMEs
b) I love procrastinating even more ... I am meant to be writing letters then going to visit a friend in a care home. However I am posting a MEME, snagged from
Name a fandom and I'll tell you:
1. The first character I fell in love with:
2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now:
3. The character everyone else loves that I don’t:
4. The character I love that everyone else hates:
5. The character I would shag anytime:
6. The character I'd want to be like:
7. The character I'd slap:
8. A pairing that I love:
9. A pairing that I despise:
10. Favorite character:
11. What are your five favorite things about your fandom?
12. What are your five least favorite things about your fandom?
13. Who are your five favorite characters?
14. Who are your five least favorite characters?
15. What are your five favorite pairings?
16. What are your five least favorite pairings?
17. Which character are you most like?
18. What is your deep, dark fandom secret?
I have now re-posted with some answers asxheartrockx asked about Torchwood - so here are the answers to that -
2. As Season 2 progressed Owen won a place in my heart - I screamed at the TV when he was shot ... and the last episode ...!!!
3. I can't stand Ianto at all ... and Gwen annoys me as well!
4. I know some people don't like Owen, but I do ... as I do Tosh.
5. John!!!!!!!! But if he wasn't allowed then Owen
6. Gwen - doing my job and having a good home life ... plus maybe a bit of a flirt at work ... well, it's about dreams isn't it?
7. All the main 5 have given me that reaction at some time during the 2 seasons!!
8. Owen - Tosh ... I so hoped that would have been allowed to progress.
9. Gwen - Jack ... I know a couple on my f-list 'ship that ... but it is so wrong in the present story lines. (I may not like Ianto, but don't want him to be pushed away by Jack)
10. John! or Owen.
a) The thought that it could be true - I've been to Cardiff.
b) In a small group there was such a diversity of characters.
c) Getting to see their personal lives ... as part of a story, not ending up as a soap
d) That they have alien technology and (mostly) don't use it for their own gain.
e) The hope that a rift will open and John will walk into this room now!
a) Have I mentioned Ianto? He really was given nothing much to do.
b) Why do they make the general public thick ... especially people like Andy?
c) Some of the stories were amazing ... others were the exact opposite - why can't they all be the same high standard?
d) I think they could have shown more of the overall structure of the set-up ... other than what was hinted at when martha was around.
e) There is only a short season next year!
13. John, Owen, Tosh, Jack, Rhys
14. Gray, Ianto, Gwen, Andy, Jack (!)
15 & 16 ... The only pairing I wanted to see was Owen & Tosh. I don't really like Jack/Ianto as I am not into slash ... although Jack/John seemed to work!!! I do feel sorry for Rhys.
17. Tosh - tend to have a quiet home life with only work to go to ... and any guy I like has never noticed me.
18. No real secret - but I can say that I liked it before John arrived through the rift ... although his arrival on screen made the episodes very special indeed.
I have now been asked by kaczurdato list the answers for Buffy - So under the cut are my B,tVS answers -
4. Don't know that there are any characters that are not liked!
6. Bufyy - action hero girl ... and she ended up with Spike.! But I also would like to be like Tara - so loving and supportive ... yet with strong morals.
7. Angel, Xander
9. Xander-Anya ... she could have done so much better.
a) The whole redemption story of Spike
b) That it follows a young girl into womanhood ... as it does her main 2 friends.
c) The fandom ... and you guys!
d) Some great individual stories in a good 7 year tale.
e) some great minor characters eg Clem, Harmony
a) Its finished!
b) Some of the situations weren't resolved ...as doesn't happen in RL ... eg Spike/Buffy; Dawn/Spike etc
c) Again the stupidity of Sunnydale residents in not seeing what's in front of them
d) I know Spike looks gorgeous beaten up ... but why was he the only one we saw with bruises?
e) Family relationships weren't often explored - Buffy and her dad, Angel and Spike, Xander and his parents etc
13. Spike, Tara, Buffy, Joyce, Anya
14. Angel, Xander, Riley,
17. Spike - I would like to think I can show unconditional love
18. Well its Buffy fandom that got me writing - something I had been told never to attempt when I was at school ... and led me to LJ ... and to a lot of time on the internet!