January Day 1
1. What’s one question you hate being asked?
I do often get asked about my husband or my children ... it's OK if they accept the basic answer of having been always single, but some peple then go on to ask "why?"
1. What’s one question you hate being asked?
2. Has the media influenced your view on the world?
3. What could make other people angry about you?
4. Do you miss anything from your teenage years?
5. What about your current life situation makes you feel grateful?
6. What is distracting you?
7. What past failure actually proved to be a blessing?
8. Do you often make impulsive purchases?
9. What makes you suspicious of other people?
10. Do you enjoy dystopian future books/movies?
11. Do you have any recurring dreams?
12. Do you like to be the center of attention?
13. What would you miss if you stopped using your smartphone for 48 hours?
14. Looking back over the last year what are you most grateful for?
15. What’s the biggest challenge in your life right now?
16. Think about a job you hated. What did you learn from it?
17. What’s your favorite way to spend a Friday night?
18. What’s your least favorite room in your house?
19. What life lessons are you most grateful for?
20. What’s your least favorite chore?
21. Name someone you met through work. How is your life better for knowing them?
22. What do you like about your neighborhood?
23. Who are the five people you spend the most time with?
24. How do you feel about getting old?
25. What’s the best method of transportation where you live?
26. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
27. With what are you happy to be done doing?
28. If you could change a decision you made in your past, what would it be and how would it change your life?
29. What was your favorite subject in school?
30. What websites did you visit most frequently this week?
31. What are your favorite things in general?
1. What are your favorite indoor activities?
2. What are you favorite outdoors activities?
3. How do you feel about plastic surgery?
4. What responsibilities do you think the media have, if any?
5. What is your take on organ donation?
6. What do you think about hunting?
7. What places are you really grateful exist?
8. What does it mean to you to be spiritual?
9. Do you believe things happen for a reason?
10. What is your take on making mistakes?
11. Who would you like to trade lives with for a day and why?
12. How would a stranger that met you at a dinner party describe you?
13. How old do you feel?
14. How has getting older helped you deal with challenges in life?
15. When I have a look around my home, it’s very obvious that I…
16. Within the next month I will…
17. 5 years ago I never thought…
18. What are you most fascinated by at the moment?
19. What are the three most dominant emotions in your life right now?
20. What is sure to make you cry?
21. How does the weather effect your mood?
22. What would you change if you knew you could not fail?
23. If you could get rid of anything on the planet what would it be?
24. What would be the ultimate travel experience for you?
25. What’s the most recent show you’ve binge watched?
26. What conclusions did you make about money as a child?
27. What would you like to have less of in your work right now?
28. What did you love to do as a child?
1. If you could choose freely, in which company or organization would you most like to work?
2. If you didn’t have to work for money what would most like to volunteer for?
3. How could you realistically become healthier?
4. What is something you want to learn how to do?
5. How did you wear your hair as a child?
6. As a child, who was your favorite relative and why?
7. What have you always been curious about?
8. Do you believe there is life on other planets?
9. If you could become a member of any TV family which would it be and why?
10. If you had no work or other obligations tomorrow I would…
11. Where do your friends and family fit in your life? Do you prefer spending time with either group over the other?
12. Where would you like to spend the most time?
13. Do you work harder with or without supervision?
14. Are details more your thing or do you prefer focusing on the big picture?
15. Are you likely to make more friends out of people you approached or are all friends of ours part of your extended inner circle?
16. In an argument are you more willing to compromise or do you impose your point of view until the very end?
17. What activities make you lose track of time?
18. What did you love to do as a teen?
19. Do you have a preferred toothpaste brand?
20. What is something you really wanted as a child?
21. What parent are you more like?
22. Do you have a preference on name brand vs store brand?
23. Preferred water temperature for showering?
24. What was the size of your high school?
25. What's an opinion you held for a long time that you no longer hold?
26. What is the most frivolous item you own? (No purpose or value)
27. Have you ever failed a class?
28. Do you have a certain way you have to sleep? (Covered, not covered, with or without noise etc)
29. Do you manage your time well?
30. What was the last book you read?
31. What would you do if you became immortal?
1. Do you have any channels you regularly watch on YouTube?
2. Do you listen to any podcasts?
3. Favorite fast food chain?
4. What are your goals for the next year?
5. What was your first pet?
6. Have you ever been lost in your own neighborhood?
7. Do you like any board games or card games?
8. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
9. How often do you get hiccups?
10. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
11. Are you more sensitive to heat or the cold?
12. What’s the most historic thing that has happened in your lifetime?
13. What brand are you most loyal to?
14. What’s the most awkward thing that happens to you on a regular basis?
15. What do you think could be done to improve the media?
16. What kind of traveling do you not enjoy as much?
17. What’s a common experience for many people that you’ve never experienced?
18. What did you Google last?
19. What’s the dumbest thing someone has argued with you about?
20. What’s the most frustrating product you own?
21. What's the best concert you've ever been to?
22. Do you need money to be happy?
23. What is something you do well?
24. How do you find new music?
25. What physical traits have you inherited from your father?
26. What physical traits have you inherited from your mother?
27. Where were you raised for most of your life?
28. Would you consider yourself to be in shape?
29. Have you ever been in a car accident?
30. Have you ever been on an island?
1. Has a random person ever asked you for your phone number?
2. Do you have freckles?
3. Ever stolen a street sign?
4. How would you describe your last disappointment?
5. Is there someone you absolutely cannot stand but have to tolerate?
6. What’s the last thing you said out loud?
7. What time is your alarm clock set for?
8. Do you get any magazines in the mail?
9. Would you rather take a shower or a bath?
10. Out of everyone you know, who has the most heart?
11. How many beings live in your house?
12. How many cars have you ever owned?
13. Can you do math in your head well?
14. Does your house have air conditioning throughout, or do you have one that sits in your window?
15. What’s your least favorite chore to do around the house?
16. What’s your favorite flavor of potato chips?
17. Do you ever read the weather forecast?
18. Do amusement park rides make you sick?
19. What kind of cheese do you put on your sandwiches?
20. How old were you when you got your driver’s license?
21. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car?
22. How many jobs have you had?
23. What’s your favorite kind of soup?
24. Do you still have your wisdom teeth?
25. Did you have a swing set in your yard when you were a child?
26. What was your favorite book you had to read for school?
27. Last wedding attended?
28. How long was your longest drive in a car?
29. Do you frequent social media more or less now?
30. What is something that never fails to make you feel accomplished?
31. What kind of cake did you have for your last birthday?
1. Do you have a dry erase board?
2. What feature do you get complimented on most?
3. On average, how much money do you usually put into savings every week?
4. Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?
5. Do you start the shower water before or after you get in?
6. What laundry detergent do you use?
7. When you were younger, were you ever in a relationship with someone you now realize was way too old for you?
8. How old were you the first time you traveled alone?
9. What's the longest hotel stay you've ever had?
10. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to during the winter?
11. Have you ever had surgery?
12. When you were growing up did your family move around a lot?
13. What browser do you use?
14. Do you remember what you wore on your very first day of school?
15. What was the last letter that you sent out by mail?
16. What do you think the world will be like in 100 years?
17. Where do you hang your towel to dry after showering?
18. Last time you swam in a pool?
19. Type of music you dislike most?
20. How many people have you kissed in a car?
21. Do you enjoy getting manicures/pedicures?
22. Did you often read for fun when you were a kid?
23. Do you have any dietary restrictions?
24. Are you more of a visual learner or an auditory learner?
25. Which of your good habits has made the biggest positive difference in your life?
26. What is your favorite tea brand?
27. What's a hobby you've been thinking about starting?
28. If I stepped into your shower, what is the first item I would notice?
29. Did you go to your high school’s homecoming dance?
30. Who taught you how to drive?
1. Have there been any periods in your life that could be described as being chaotic?
2. What was the last thing you bought used?
3. Has anyone ever told you that you're getting too competitive over minor things?
4. What was the first thing you ever saved up to buy with your own money?
5. After high school – straight to college or straight to work?
6. If I looked in your fridge right now, what would I find?
7. If you had to move to a new city, where would you move?
8. What did your parents do when you were growing up?
9. When someone knocks on the door, who do you think it is?
10. Did your parents live in a different country before you were born?
11. What's something you've experienced that very few others have?
12. Do you have to wear an identification badge at your job?
13. Do you like when friends stop by unexpectedly?
14. How old were you when you moved to your current home?
15. If you apply your makeup, do you do it in a specific order?
16. Were you born with naturally straight teeth?
17. Do you like going to museums? Any particular type?
18. What time do you usually go to bed at on weekends?
19. How often do you re-watch / re-read things or are you more ‘once only’?
20. If you could marry any celebrity today who would it be?
21. Do you own anything that's an antique?
22. Do you let your hair air dry or do you blowdry it?
23. How long does it take for you to fall asleep at night?
24. What's the first thing you do when you get on the computer?
25. What's one item that you wish you owned right now?
26. Do you like makeup?
27. What celebrity death(s) that effected you the most?
28. Musician you would like to see live if you had the chance?
29. Have you ever met an online friend in real life?
30. What would you miss most if you moved from the area you currently live in?
31. Have you ever cried in school?
2. Have you ever had a long distance relationship?
3. When you make a mess are you more likely to clean it up right away, or do you get to it later?
4. What do you look forward to the most about the colder times of the year?
5. Have you ever hung your clothes out on a clothesline?
6. What is the dumbest way you’ve injured yourself?
7. If you use libraries, what is the largest overdue fine you've ever had?
8. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
9. Which holiday is your favorite to decorate for?
10. What craft project do you want to do next?
11. Do you have any family members that you've never met?
12. When it comes to friends, what's the biggest thing you have in common?
13. Did you ever hit anything while learning to drive?
14. Do you prefer bright colors, dark colors, or pastel colors?
15. How long have you lived with the person/people you currently live with?
16. What was the dumbest thing you ever did as a teenager?
17. Would you prefer hardwood flooring or carpet in your home?
18. What’s the most you’ll pay for a pair of shoes?
19. Which flower is your favorite?
20. Which season do you think is the prettiest?
21. What is the last thing you cooked?
22. If you could live in a fictional world, which would it be?
23. Where was the farthest you’ve ever traveled from home?
24. Have you ever slammed the door when you were mad?
25. How old were you when you met your first love?
26. Were your college years the best years of your life?
27. What’s the most relaxing thing you did today?
28. What do you usually drink with breakfast?
29. How many closets does your house have?
30. What year is your car?
31. What’s the largest animal you’ve ever had as a pet?
1. When did you last stay in a hotel, and where?
2. Have you ever had any teeth pulled?
3. What is one of your favorite comedy movies?
4. Do you have a crush on anyone that you haven’t really talked to before?
5. What is your least favorite sour patch kids color?
6. Have you ever won a competition? If so, what was it and what did you win?
7. Did you ever take classes for a musical instrument when you were younger?
8. How often do you walk around barefoot?
9. What architectural style was your childhood home?
10. Who do you usually say hello or good morning first?
11. When was the last time you visited the park? Who did you go with?
12. What language did you take in high school?
13. Have you ever been to a drive-in theater?
14. Have you ever been on vacation with someone other than your family?
15. Do you think doctors should be able to prescribe vitamins?
16. If you have a significant other, how long have you been together?
17. Have you ever been a part of a wedding party?
18. What song are you listening to at the moment?
19. What was the last piece of furniture you purchased?
20. Do you have an iPod?
21. Do you usually have to wear a belt with your pants?
22. Have you ever donated blood? If not, why not?
23. What is a meme or picture you’ve seen recently that has made you laugh?
24. Have you ever bought something recommended by an ad on social media before?
25. How often do you go to the beach?
26. Do you ever look up actors you think you recognize in movies and shows?
27. Do you prefer earphones or over the ear headphones?
28. Do you remember when you first went on the internet?
29. What is one thing that you refuse to ever do in your lifetime?
30. Which one of your friends is the most outgoing?
1. Do you like rain?
2. Have you seen someone recently you used to talk to, but don’t anymore?
3. What color are your eyes?
4. How long have you known the last person you text messaged?
5. Do you keep notes, drawings or letters that people give you?
6. Have you ever locked yourself out of your car?
7. What’s your favorite kind of cheese?
8. Have you ever boycotted anything?
9. Do you have any embarrassing usernames?
10. Have you ever did well on a test when you didn’t study?
11. Do you still take hot showers when it’s hot out?
12. Do you like the picture on your ID?
13. Is there someone you pretend to like but you really don't like?
14. Have you ever raked leaves, and then played in them?
15. What is one thing you've realized or discovered lately?
16. Which family member did you inherit your hair color from?
17. What’s the average length of a shower for you?
18. What’s something about adult life you were never warned of or prepared for?
19. If you won the lottery, do you think any of your family members would ask you to give them some of your money?
20. What is the craziest thing you’ve seen happen at your workplace?
21. Would you rather read a book or listen to the audiobook?
22. Have you ever eaten snow?
23. Curtains or blinds?
24. Have you ever adopted a stray (cat or dog)?
25. Do you own/wear any jumpsuits?
26. Do you struggle with dry skin in the winter?
27. Have you ever gotten angry at an employee and complained to the manager?
28. Do you add unnecessary letters to the end of words?
29. What was the last thing you used your phone for, besides calling/texting?
30. Do you always check the prices of things when you buy groceries?
31. How many nights per week do you cook dinner at home vs. going out to eat?
1. Have you ever been caught outdoors away from shelter during a thunderstorm?
2. Did you ever build furniture forts as a child?
3. Do you use any medicines daily?
4. When was the last time you used a disposable camera?
5. When was the last time you flew on a plane?
6. How many first cousins do you have?
7. What’s the longest period of time you’ve gone without sleep?
8. Did the house you grew up in have a big yard?
9. What has been the most difficult class you’ve ever taken?
10. What’s something that’s much more difficult than a lot of people realize?
11. What are some things a house would need to have for you to purchase it?
12. Would you ever go out in public wearing pajamas?
13. Have you ever had a lemonade stand?
14. Do you think you look older or younger than your real age?
15. Where have you lived throughout your life?
16. Do you want any piercings?
17. What’s your mouse pad look like?
18. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
19. How do you identify spiritually (do you follow a religion, what do you think about soul/spirit, etc.)?
20. Do you prefer your nails long or short?
21. What are your favorite smells?
22. Do you still use a radio or just use your phone/computer for music?
23. What kind of socks do you prefer to wear?
24. Do you have any family heirlooms?
25. Are there any musicians you didn't like at first but grew on you?
26. Is there anything you used to love but now dislike?
27. Your favorite place to be aside from your home?
28. What is your favorite kind of tea?
29. Any old home remedies you use when you're sick?
30. What level of brightness do you usually keep your phone at?
1. How old were you when you got your first car?
2. What is a topic you are uncomfortable with discussing with most people?
3. What was the longest you stayed in your own home for?
4. What is the best positive change you’ve made recently?
5. Have you ever inherited something?
6. If you have a partner, have you ever had to sleep in separate beds?
7. What is something you are skeptical about?
8. What is an unusual item you or somebody you know owns?
9. Does it bother you if someone practically bathes in perfume?
10. Have you ever won a trophy for something?
11. What is your favorite yogurt topping?
12. Have you ever done a craft project you saw on Pinterest?
13. What color were your bedroom walls painted when you were a teenager?
14. What is your favorite past time for each of the four seasons?
15. Were you voted for a superlative in high school?
16. A reality show idea that you would most definitely watch on television?
17. Which parent was more strict when you were growing up?
18. Do you ever get gut-feelings about things? Do you follow them?
19. There’s an app for everything. What apps consume the most of your time?
20. Have you ever had a bedroom with a specific theme?
21. Do you have memories from preschool?
22. Is there anything about technology that scares you?
23. What’s a word/phrase that’s commonly heard in your region, but not anywhere else?
24. Do you bite on straws, lollipop handles, or ice cream sticks?
25. Do your parents still live in the same house they raised you in?
26. What’s your favorite flavor of soda, pop or whatever else you call it?
27. What time do you usually have dinner?
28. Do you keep the cabinets in your kitchen and bathroom organized?
29. What do you wish you’d spent more time doing five years ago?
30. How often do you light candles?
31. What are you looking forward to in the next year?
I thought I would also do the Friday 5 .... it saves me another ew minutes from having to battle with my jigsaw puzzle ... it's lovely, but a good challenge!
The Friday 5 - Out with 2020, In with 2021!
What was the best thing about 2020?
I was able to spend a lot of time with Jiffy ... and to re-discover nature as I took him for a very slow walk.
What lessons from 2020 will you carry into 2021?
o try to accept who I am (but I have failed for years, so hopefully I will be able to do better this year.
How did you spend your New Year's Eve?
I watched TV - "Sound of Music" was on, which is a real favourite film of mine.
Legend says what you did at midnight on New Year's Eve/Day is what you'll do all year. So what did you do?
Well I actually shed a tear as I realised it was the first time that I was by myself to see in the New Year.
What are you most looking forward to in 2021?
Day trips & holidays ... and getting to spend time with my brothers again (never thought I would miss them that much!!)