I have also made a decision that I won't cross-post, between the 2 sites, as I am still a LJ girl ... However for some things, like this, I will post on both sites.
1. What did you do in 2018 that you'd never done before?
Did clerical work.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Never make them ... I used to manage one day many years ago, so don't bother now!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No ... but someone I know (who is 46) is 8 months pregnant
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Mum's sister (who I have never been close to emotionally), died in the summer, at age 97
5. What countries did you visit?
Wales (!!), France, Belgium, Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, and lots of parts of England
6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
7. What date from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Well, the day my mom died, but I'm No specific date, but some lovely memories of places ... I think seeing the Hungarian Gypsy horse riders was pretty special.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Managing to focus enough for the clerical work (Mum must be spinning in her grave at the thought!!)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing to re-connect with my brothers, but I am learning that it is not my fault..
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Cut a chunk out of my thumb slicing onions
11. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My friend at work has really boosted me ... thanks Ceri!
12. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
13. Where did most of your money go?
Just day to day living I guess. (Keeping that answer, as so true) ... although my holidays abroard did take up a few extra pennies!
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Visiting some of the places I saw this year ... where Granddad fought in WWI, going back to Rome and not falling down the Spanishe Steps this time ... and seeing the horses in Vienna, and Budapest (as I said)
15. What song will always remind you of 2018?
Honestly can't think of one.
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I'm a pretty happy person, but this year things have hit me hard. So, sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? I never weigh myself, but my clothes still fit!
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, as I am spending bits of Mum & Dad's legacy on my holidays every year.
17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Blogging, doing hobbies
18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
19. How did you spend Christmas?
Played my clarinet at our Church service in the morning, then after lunch took Jiffy for a walk, saw The Queen, opened some pressies, and slobbed in front of the TV
20. What LJ users did you meet?
deborahw37 when I was in London, she came up on the Friday afternoon ... always lovely to see her.
21. Did you fall in love in 2019?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What were your favourite TV programmes?
Loved watching the Lego Championships ... and surprised my self by enjoying Dr Who
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate people ... but I have people that I am not wanting to speak to at the moment ... NIck, Tim, Claire, come to mind.
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Only that I enjoyed playing in our Carol Service ... and we did a modern anthem which I liked.
27. What did you want and get?
Nothing special that I can think of.
28. What did you want and not get?
Just to be close to my brothers again.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Didn't go to the cinema
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 57. I met up with Brenda at a National Trust Stately Home (I had gone to one the previous day with my friend Christine, as well)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being knocked down so much
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
The same as always ... bright!
33. What kept you sane?
My faith, Jiffy ... and the few friends I have
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
LOL ... some things don't change!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
As ever, I don't discuss politics ... In England that is causing a lot of problems. So will keep my thoughts to myself, if you don't mind.
36. Who did you miss?
Mum & Dad
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Got to know Ceri at work
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018:
That I need to focus on the positive, and not let the negative take over.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
40. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Still don't do resolutions.