I really have been missing, haven't I?
I actually worked half days over this last week, but found it pretty exhausting, so have rested quite a bit.
I am also trying to empty all my lounge display cabinets and cupboards as they are going to charity on Wednesday and I am having Mum & Dad's here instead ... lighter colour, and better quality. So with stuff coming from M&D's as well, I am literally "knee-deap" in boxes of things, mostly china, glass or books. Jiffy and I have had to learn hopscotch!
Still will try to get back to LJ - for one thing I owe loads of replies ... I may sit and do some on my tablet while I wait for the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race
to start. (Go, Cambridge!!)Day 7 - Do You Read? What Are Your Favourite Books?
- I love reading the Bible, both in modern versions and in the traditional King James version. I have loads of Bibles, both old ones of the family, plus mine that have been used, or are being used.
- I love my Spuffy fan-fic. Yes, I am one of those who never read the comics, and believe that Buffy and Spike ended up "living happily ever after"!! I do like a what-if story from the actual series especially.
- I love the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher. A good friend sent me the first book on CD as it is read by James. Yes, I adore listening to him read them, but do love the series.
- I love a "Regency Romance" sort of book ... and have found a great site that gives me free Kindle books! Mum has a set of Georgette Hayer, so they will be slowly worked through.
- I do love the Anne of Green Gables series, and a few other random books of that generation.
- I do love my history/travel books, and have loads, and more coming as Dad loves them as well. He has some with him, and I shall be able to swap around to keep us both happy!
So, the answer is, yes, I do read!!