20 Facts About Myself
I am sure you could probably fill in the facts quicker than I can!
- I am single ... and live alone. My weekends are spent at my parents house. I am (and have always been) very close to them.
- I am a James Marsters fan (did you know that!)
- My life is governed by my faith in God ... I believe 100% in the Bible. My life is my faith - my faith is me.
- I am a member of the Plymouth Brethren - very staid ... with women keeping silent in the services.
- I failed my A levels (at 18) but was offered a place on my college course anyhow - and studied for 4 years to become an osteopath. I then worked in that profession until I was 49.
- I play a clarinet in a classical orchestra. I play a sax for fun (although have also played it in orchestra) ... I am self-taught, yet play to a fairly high amateur standard.
- My favourite classical composer is Beethoven.
- I love music of the 20's - 40's as well as the 60's. Cole Porter's music is a real favourite.
- I almost had an accident in my (2nd) driving test ... but past 3rd time on a Friday 13th.
- I am accident prone - always have been, with a real penchant for falling down stairs ... the first time being when I was 2, the last time being about a month ago!
- I am basically ambidextrous. I right with my right hand, but when I was an osteopath I worked left-handed. I have learnt Judo (left handed), Archery (bilaterally) and fencing (where I found it easier to have lessons right-handed, but to fight left handed).
- Although I can swim well (breast stroke) I am scared of water - can't get my face wet at all, after being pushed in a pool as a non-swimmer by a teacher.
- I only started riding at 34 and Mum bought me Jaykub when I was 41. I was 49 when I last rode, but want to again one day. (Thank you Jaykub & DJ)
- I am a loner - was bullied at school. But have learnt to be happy alone. Although I suspect I also find it easier to be alone than risk being let down by someone.
- I said I am single ... true, but what is the real truth is that I have never had a boyfriend. Maybe, now, if my dream-man turned up I would be too scared!
- I love history - sightseeing is a real love of mine. Holidays are always a busy time for me!
- I hate cycling, always have done, even before I was run over!
- I have 2 baby brothers ... both of whom are married, and I was bridesmaid at both weddings.
- I don't have a TV - I have an ancient telly so I can watch DVDs.
- And, last but not least - I am incredibly loyal to those I love.
On a side note, I mentioned my 2 brother's weddings ... well, 24 years ago today I was Maid of Honour (my first bridesmaid job) in Detroit. Must write an email to them!