I was back to work today as well, and worked a clinic shift in an ENT department, and tomorrow it is Orthopaedics. Then back to M&D's, although I am then bringing them here for Sat lunch ... part of my focus to get them (and me) motivated on various things.
Well as I seem to be slowly catching up with you all I thought I would do a meme to sum up last year, for those who missed my rambles and scribbles, and then I can really say that the year has gone. So, I snagged from kazzy_cee ... and here it is.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
I went to The Eden Project, in Cornwall ... a place that I said I would never go to, but ended up enjoying very much!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't do them last year - but this year I have made myself a few projects to do before Easter, as well as I am determined to do some serious exercise again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Only the mum of my friend from Church.
5. What countries did you visit?
England (and Cornwall ... its' part of England, but the Cornish state it is a separate country!
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
22nd March - seeing mum & Dad open their telegram from the Queen to celebrate their 60th anniversary
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Don't think I have one at all.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Loosing my focus and all the plans I had of getting writing done, and handcrafts learnt.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
30th June - Torn calf muscle
30th November - Chest Virus
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new camera.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My nephew Andrew getting the grades he needed in his GCSEs
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Bad manners - whether it is over the internet, or especially in person - some people are so rude, all the time.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My camera, my new pc ... food!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Other than M&D's 60th ... my friend Annemarie coming over from America.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Ghost of the Robot - Is Shoes ... My favourite from their new album. Other than that nothing special.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier (I think!)
ii. thinner or fatter? Definately fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It was as expected - at Mum & Dad's for the day, with T&C.
21. What LJ users did you meet?
None this year.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
No ... no more than last year.
23. How many one-night stands?
In my dreams .... !!!!!!!
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
I watch so little TV ... the only new stuff I see is Downton, Dr Who & Vampire Diaries
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don't really hate anyone ... and never have.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Bible, of course!
I loved Cold days (to where I read it!) ... but I was then ill, and still need to finish it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Nothing that I can think of.
29. What did you want and not get?
Again, I tend not to wish for things ... I never get them anyway!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Didn't see any new ones.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
51 - Mum & Dad took me out to lunch.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Overall it was a pretty good year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I have actually decided to take more of an effort with my clothes. I wear blue "pj's" to work, so have really made an effort to get some proper tops and trousers rather than tshirts and jeans.
34. What kept you sane?
My faith ... and at weekends seeing Jiffy!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Do I have to answer this? other than James (of course), Ian Soergalder is pretty cute, as well.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Suprisingly the changes to nurses pay!
37. Who did you miss?
Jiffy, during the week. James ... no visit to see him last year.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Grace, and the other members of the Bible Study group.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
To realise how lucky I am to still have Mum & Dad ... I may get frustrated by them, but that is my problem, not theirs.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Congratulations and Celebrations" ... both for Mum & Dad and the Queen.
Wow - that was long, and I realise that other than Mum & Dad's 60th and my visit from Annemarie, life was fairly static last year - which makes me all the more determined to get organised this year!