Well, if you go to the Natural History Museum ... you have to see animals, don't you.
However one of the films Mum & Dad loved was "One of our dinasaurs is missing", and as you enter the building you get a great reminder of it.( One of our dinasurs is hereCollapse )
And, as I said there are more dinasaurs to see .... ( hereCollapse )
As well as a few of the other animals, including Guy the gorilla, ( as you can seeCollapse )
I went to the Natural History Museum on the Saturday morning.
It is my least favourite museum in many ways. For one thing I avoid the whole section of insects etc!!!
I am not impressed with the way the dinasaurs are displayed, which is one of the things everyone goes to see, but I think the bosses have tried making things too trendy, or something!! Anyway that's my personal thoughts!!
For another I don't believe in evolution, but in creation, so tend to find some of the ways the rooms are laid out a bit weird. However as that is personal to me it doesn't stop me enjoying the exhibits.
However if there is one thing I love about this museum is the building itself - it is stunning, and the more I looked, the more I saw ....( Examining the bricks & mortarCollapse )
Day 08 → talk about games this year
Ummm, haven't been to any sport, haven't played Monopoly etc ... so other than patience or Tetris on my tablet, nothing really to talk about here!
Day 07 → talk about music this year
Oooops, was going to post this yesterday and then got distracted when the plumber came to remove the sink and gas hob ready for today ... and didn't get back to LJ
Anyway, as I type this there is an old Christmas CD playing while the kitchen is being worked on.
I haven't really heard much that has really caught my imagination, although I have a clock radio, so wake to music.
I haven't been to any live music, unless singing hymns in Church counts. Acyually as I typed that I realised it was a lie!!! I went with Dad to a couple of their sing-along entertainments that he had at his home. Even got roped into doing the Hokey Cokey with the entertainments officer at one of them!
I haven't been involved in any music either this year, but have decided that next year I want to get back to my clarinet. So am looking into lessons, or something, otherwise I will never practice regularly.
I am so busy spamming you with London photos, as well as managing to keep up to date with the December Meme that I haven't actually done a proper post in ages ... so here goes.
- First, I am so sorry, but I forgot to post Birthday wishes to gillo and shaddyr yesterday. I truly hope you both had lovely days, being spoilt by those you love and that the coming year will be a truly special one.
- I have just got back from the doctors. I have been signed off for the rest of this week with the option to just phone in on Monday if I still feel rough. It is being called a viral chest infection, but basically exhaustion on top of that. I have had viral chest infections most years, normally lasting about 5 - 7 days, so it's obvious when my body has to slow down that's what gets to me.
- Jiffy has another bad skin infection, so he was happy to go and see Marni for a cuddle (and anti-biotics!)
- My new kitchen worksurface arrives tomorrow. So when I finish this I have to clear all the surfaces.
- I really need to get organised for Christmas. I think I have done most of the shopping, but need to sort it out and post things off. I haven't even thought about cards, but already received some, so I must focus. Maybe I will try to get started tomorrow while my kitchen is being dismantled.
- Yesterday I had a suprise phone call. The person who had been Mum's friend while they were at school during the war. They lost some of their closeness when she married, and then Mum moved away, but have still kept in touch and visited . She just phoned to find out how I was coping. So that was really lovely.
Well, anyone who is still awake wins a special award.
Now, I will post some more London photos later! But to finish, a Christmas song I heard on the radio this morning -
Day 06 → talk about food this year
I will admit this last year I have cheated quite a bit by buying ready made meals. There are some good meals out there, my favourite being beef stew and dumplings.
I have been a good girl and had salad every day. When I take sandwiches to work I also take some tomatoes and cucumber, but if at home I have a salad for tea. I have always eaten a lot of fruit, but never really been a good girl about veggies.
I have been getting back into baking recently, but tend to stick to favourite recipes ... I really must experiment. (I get my new kitchen work-surfaces changed tomorrow, then I must "play")
Day 05 → talk about books this year
As ever have continued to read more Spuffy fan-fic. There seem to have been a few new writers recently that has really given some great new stories.
I have been reading quite a lot of regency-style romances (like the Georgette Heyer style). When I packed up all Mum & Dad's books there were a lot I wanted to read, so while in chaos have downloaded loads onto my Kindle. Come Christmas (I hope) I shall be able to get back to some proper sets of books again, for example I am looking forward to re-reading the whole Anne of Green Gables series.
I am hoping that the next Dresden Files will be done soon, as that is a series I am enjoying, and re-read the last 3 books this Spring.
Still like to start my day with a Bible reading, at present I am in Leviticus.
Day 04 → talk about television this year
I honestly don't think I have followed anything this year. I often have the TV on in the background, often repeats of history programmes.
I do always watch Strictly Come Dancing ... so that has 2 more shows to go before we get a result.
Day 02 → your holiday wish list
Actually I don't have one!
I could do with a new swim suit at some point. Brenda text me last week to see if there was anything I wanted .... and I suggested ear-rings. Mum & Dad took a long time to accept that I had my ears pierced, but when they did, they bought me some every birthday and Christmas ... so it would be something I would be missing this year.
I suppose my real wish is that the house is looking like a home by the 25th. The decorating is finished for the time being, but I am feeling like a "damp dish-rag" as Dad would have said. Also the carpets don't arrive till the 15th, so hopefully I shall be able to get things looking square by then.